EntLib Contrib?

Topics: Project Management Forum
Jul 10, 2008 at 9:54 PM
Why isn't this work part of the EntLib Contrib project (http://codeplex.com/entlibcontrib)? I would imagine if it were, it would get more usage, and contributors. Just a thought.
Coordinator
Dec 5, 2008 at 6:41 PM
I am sorry I have dropped the ball on updating this project for such a long time. At one point I did try to make it part of the contrib project but can't remmeber what happened and why it didn't make it.
I am pretty far behind on the EL itself as I am still using EL v2.0 (They are now in 4.0) mostly because my organization is still using .NET framework 2.0. I have made a lot of improvements to this toolkit but have not updated the codeplex site with the updated releases and source code (I didn't even realize they use SVN now instead of TFS). One of the things thsat make it hard for me to completely integrate with the EL is that I use the GAC a lot and their source code is (or was I don't know about the latest version) really hard to build for the GAC. Anyway, once I get the code updated and maybe upgrade to the latest EL version, I will try to get it into the contrib project again.. thanks !.
Dec 8, 2008 at 5:16 PM
I totally understand. Thanks for the response. Just ping the EntLib Contrib guys if you're ever interested in adding it. You can let me know if you need help with it. :)

Thanks again,
Don